Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sprinkle a little sugar on it

At what point does to much sugar become unpalatable?  A bread maker, pie maker, cake, cookie and candy maker use different measurements of sugar in their recipes.  To much sugar in any of these recipes will ruin it or turn it into something it's not meant to be.
I'm a bread maker who's been asked to add more sugar.  Sometimes I don't add the right amount of sugar or forget it all together making a bad bread.  I will remember to always add the right amount of sugar and sometimes make muffins.  But not to many muffins.  To many muffins will ruin the palate and then more and more sweets are needed to satisfy.  I'm not a cake, cookie and candy maker.  Adding the measurements used to make cakes, cookies or candy to my bread recipe will ruin it all.  Even the sweetest of them all, the candy maker, can ruin a recipe by adding to much sugar.  The sugar will consume all the other ingredients making it no longer the special ingredient it is.  Each of us needs to know what we are and measure out the right amount of sugar accordingly.

1 comment:

  1. I never think of bread as having sugar, so obviously I am not a bread maker, or a candy maker...or much of a dessert maker. Give me salty any day,which I know isn't good for me either.

    ReplyDelete