Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A New Day...

Today is a new day.  The new hair is making me feel spunky.  Getting back to my many joys in life.  I belong to a quilting guild.  Our guild makes Service Flags, also known as Blue Star Flags.  These flags are displayed by families who have members serving in the armed forces during times of war or hostilities like the ones the United States finds themselves in currently.

My son's friend will be deployed tomorrow.  My mom who is a guild member with me graciously took her time to make this young man's Service Flag to give to his mother.  I had planned on making it but as many know with a full time job sometimes time runs out in a day.  That's what's great about the guild members they will always pull together to make sure we thank those who serve and protect our country.  The next time you pass a home and see a Blue Star Flag hanging in a window know that the family inside has a loved one in harms way protecting our freedoms and country.  Say a prayer for their safety.
My last thought for the day.  Who will make my son's flag when it's time?  Me?  My mom?  Maybe another guild member?  Either way I will proudly hang my flag in my window and pray for my son and all other military members.

1 comment:

  1. What a special piece these families are given, something they will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete