Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Beginning of a Wonderful Relationship!

Today is the beginning of a new world for me.  I am going to start blogging.  My goal is not to bore you but to share with anyone who wants to listen things important in my life.  It seems that as time moves on we lose much of what our parents and grandparents did just for survival.  Today we call it going "green" or "retro".  As a kid we called it being frugal or a necessity.  So as summer has moved on my garden has grown and decided to ripen all at one time.  I've had a bumper crop of tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, banana peppers and zucchini.  As a kid my mother would can or freeze.  Today I don't seem to have as much time to accomplish as much as she did.  I work 40+ hours a week and do find time on the weekend to can a little.  I've recently canned 3 quarts of pickled banana peppers and made a batch of refrigerator bread and butter pickles all from the garden.  I've even made home made spaghetti sauce from all of those tomatoes.  While it may seem to be a daunting task to some I find it to be a stress reliever.  It helps me to separate from work which can, at times, be all consuming.  I am a crafter, quilter and collect cook books.  I have many interests that will show themselves throughout my blog.  I hope you find my world of some interest to you and I look forward to sharing.


1 comment:

  1. Great job Michelle!! Very genuine writing. My parents always froze and canned stuff when I was growing up, that lost art seems to be coming back around.

    ReplyDelete