Sunday, October 13, 2013

Some of my favorite places

The other night I was over at the high school football field running on the track.  As I ran I did a little people watching.  I watched as one of our local football players had his senior pictures taken at the field.  I watched as a few other familiar faces did their work outs on the track.  As I watched these normal every day activities I thought to myself.  "This is one of my favorite places in the world".  I smiled to myself and felt a contentment that can't manufactured.  It's not fancy like Eiffel Tower or anything like that.  It's our football field where I have spent time watching my boys play football from the time they started rocket ball at 8 years old to this year when the youngest will graduate.  I've worked out on the track.  I've met great friends there.  It's no different than any other high school football field and track.  It's one of my favorite places in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment