Sunday, October 6, 2013

Playing Hooky

When is the last time you played hooky?  When I think of playing hooky it reminds me of my carefree youth when all I had to worry about was me.  I may have played hooky from college or work a couple of times during those younger years.  I recently played hooky from work.  It wasn't a truly defined hooky day since I asked the bosses for the day off and used vacation but it was as free as any hooky day I've ever had.  The day was one of the last nice days in fall before the weather would be too unreliable for such a grand adventure.  I went to a small lakeshore town.  Searched an antique store and wandered the small shops on Main Street.  I spent the day with a friend who was many miles away from me.  It was a fabulous time.  We chatted about nothing.  We were physically miles apart but the joy of the smart phone allowed me to spend a fabulous day with a great friend.  Towards the end of my day my friend had to leave me and I took my adventure to the beach.  I can never feel alone at the water's edge.  There is something so incredibly inspirational about the power of the big lake.  There's such an unharnessed power and at the same time a calming power that brings my soul back home whenever I'm out of sorts.  The world outside can take it's toll and send me off center sometimes but the water's edge can bring me back to center right away.  I think my soul was born to be near water.  A large or small body of water, it doesn't matter.  My soul is connected to the ebb and flow of water.  The breeze in my face takes away all stresses that life can weigh me down with.  I feel like a young carefree child    





1 comment:

  1. Great post! I see parts of you emerging in this writing. Glad you got to spend a beautiful day away from work and out and about in the world.

    ReplyDelete